Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Project5 Development Blog

Development is well underway for the new Project5 update. The new update will be called Version 2.5, and as mentioned awhile back, will be a free update to all registered Project5 Version 2.x customers. Before we began the update, we took some time to ask our current users what they loved most about Project5, and what they wanted to see in the next iteration.

We also looked at the program in terms of the entire landscape of the digital audio workstation, and how it was addressing the needs of musicians doing computer-based music creation. One of the most important things we learned is that people loved Project5 because of its workflow and ease-of-use. The learning curve was small, and the tools that came with Project5 made it easy to get started on an idea and bring it to completion.

Over the course of the next few months, we will be adding new features that will improve the overall experience of using Project5. These features are designed to help take your musical projects from start to finish with even better results, without sacrificing any of the ease-of-use you have come to enjoy. Work is already underway for Project5 Version 2.5, scheduled to be released in Q1 2007. For the first time, Cakewalk is going to give you a hands-on look at the new Project5 as we countdown to the release. Read this blog for the latest information and check back often for updates.

-Andrew, Product Marketing Manager

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! This is great news that we can follow the development. I'm currently using Project5, Sonar 5 and Ableton Live. I will later post my thoughts for improving Project 5 while still keep it unique, cause Project 5's environment is superb. But for me the most important improvement would be to make the new version compatible with Mac as I'm moving to a Mac Pro. This would be a natural step as you already have Dimension and Rapture working for Mac.

All the best
Hans

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about the new features. It feels like we have been waiting forever.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd want to have VST/VSTi Adapter/Plugin Manager integrated.

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update.
If there is beta testing needed, count me in:)

Kind regards

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be real nice if the loop explorer would follow the given type of track. For instance, if I'm working on a midi track, only midi loops would show in the loop explorer. No need to see audio loops at that time. And vice versa.

I seem to spend a lot of time trying to audition the wrong kind of loops (midi vs audio).

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only 2 things a mixer and/or control surface capabilities.

I wait for news best regards
luism

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this program. It enables me to continue to amaze myself with the music i'm coming up with. I use it along with Cool Edit Pro 2.1, a pieced together electronic drumkit featuring the Alesis dm-5 brain, my trusty keyboard controller and a slew of dxi & vst plugs and synths.
I have only one problem. Those yellow loop markers are not easy to deal with. First of all, they're yellow and hard to see. Secondly, One has to use the mouse to move them. Eventhough working with Sonar to me is too much work, The program allows one to enter the loop points into the windows. The markers then go to points specified.

Thanks for helping me realize my true musical potential,

wORLd oF bEAtcIRKUs

10:55 PM  
Blogger Jrel said...

I've been asking since the first Project, I'd like to be able to export pattern files as MIDI files.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I don't shut down the computer properly or with a crash my project5 file won't open no more after that! U need to fix that! I still got projects that I can't open I would be happy if I could open them again!

4:54 AM  
Blogger JESSE said...

project5junky - sounds like a resource leak maybe? Follow up on this in the forum and hopefully you'll be able to get it resolved or else have it submitted to us in relation to a specific bug.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home