Monday, November 20, 2006

Input Quantize

The new Input Quantize feature in Project5 Version 2.5 allows you to quantize note starts, note durations and also automation on a per track basis. Users will be able to quantize notes within a specified window of time to various note values. Notes can be quantized to straight rhythmic values, or can be quantized to swung values.

Another cool feature is that “record” step and “quantize” step are committed as separate undo entries. This means you can record something with specific quantize settings (and hear the quantization in real time) and then undo the quantization when recording is stopped, without losing the original recording. Using the destructive quantize features, you could then re-quantize the recording with different settings if needed.

-Mike, Developer

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent features, is there any remote possibility of Project5 being code for a Mac Pro (Universal) on OSX 10.4.x or higher?

I have Logic Pro 7 on my Mac Pro, but to be honest I really miss Project5 and Sonar. I could get things done VERY quickly in Project5 -- unfortunately the Windows OS is very limited in what it can do and I found myself soon maxed out in Project5.

I'm not being a fan boy of either OS, but the reality is that I can get much more complex projects working in Logic Pro simply because of quad core CPU support and > 4GB support.

But I really do prefer the Project5 layout/interface -- you folks did a great job. So please consider XCore 3 dev tools and maybe a Mac universal version -- pretty please :)

8:00 PM  
Blogger JESSE said...

I hear you Rob (I'm writing this from a MacBook Pro actually...)

Sorry to say that there is almost no chance of Project5 2.5 running under OSX (short of bootcamp or parallels). Anyone else here would say 'no chance' but maybe I'll find a magic lantern or something.

Now, this isn't to say that we are opposed to making it available for Mac users, but the amount of time it would take to port the app over would effectively mean that we couldn't add any other new features.

I'm hoping that there will be a point in time where we can balance the needs of existing users vs the exposure/convenience that Mac compatibility would bring...

-jesse

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if the new input quantize will fix the duplicate note problem (if you record notes on top of notes already record, instead of there just being 1 note there are 2 notes at the same spot)? Also if you're recording a pattern where you're placing chords that start at the end of the pattern ( measure 4 beat 3) and is still being held in measure 1 beat 3, that chord gets cut off at the end of the pattern, will this be corrected also?

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home